back up 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by puckhead193, Sep 28, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone understand back up 3? I want to back up my whole "macintosh HD" /my whole computer how do i do that
    my friend sent me a link and nothing came up so i thought i was down i asked him later when he was online and he said its a virus and that it will send it to everyone on your buddy list. Now i know their aren't any real viruses but its still good to back up just in case.... He said he got it like too days ago and it sends out a few days later to people on your buddy list.
    anyway i want to back up just incase something goes wrong more then likely nuthing will happen. :rolleyes:
    Thanks

2. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

If you want to create a perfect image of your entire hard drive, I would look into something other than Apple Backup. Carbon Copy Cloner might be a better choice.

Apple Backup is good for backing up everything in your home directory; unique data that you have accumulated over time that cannot be replaced with downloads and installation discs.

3. yenko macrumors 6502a

CarbonCopyCloner....but you may be overreacting a bit! ;)

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i just dragged the home folder to icon on the desktop, its still going....will this work, i never even open up the box to my lacie d2 extreme until about 33 mins ago... :eek: