Back Up My Songs!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bi0metric, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bi0metric macrumors newbie

I have many songs on my iMac. Mostly from the cd's that I own I like having them on my computer, anyways I am going to be soon re-installing the os with the recovery cd's due to some problems. Anyways how can I back all of those up so they will work on my fresh restore?

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

If you have an ipod, youy automatically have a backup of all of your songs. You will just need to download some sort of extractor. Many are mentioned within this forum. What I have done in the past is burn my music off to a DVD. It works well and is easily done, assuming you have a DVD burner.

Best of luck

3. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I mostly back up my music in case I lose the files so I don't have to spend all the time reimporting them. If your mac has a superdrive, I think it is easiest to burn them to dvds. Just make a playlist with all the songs you want to back up, choose "data cd" from the burning preferences, then put in a DVD and click burn. iTunes will split the playlist evenly over multiply DVDs if necessary. I backed up about 2500 songs at 192 kbps on only a few DVDs. That way I only have a couple of disks to import rather than a couple hundred.