Background image help.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JoeDeep, Nov 25, 2005.

1. JoeDeep macrumors newbie

I have ask around about this for quite some time, and no one has had an answer for me.

I have Tiger installed on a Mac Mini, and the background images are not adjustable. By that I mean when I go to switch the image in the preferences, it doesn't have any little boxes to check for resizing, and centering like it should. I know it should, because when I first started using it, it had them. However is stopped having those options in the preferences for the desktop.

Can someone tell me how this is possible, and what I can do to get those options back. No offense, but the stock images are getting boring.

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

it shouldnt, under system preferences, select desktop and screen saver, then there should be a drop down menu to select the size. to chose a picture from a non mac folder, on the left hand side select 'select folder'.

maybe try repairing permissions? (disk utility > repair permissions?)

3. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

I think those options are only available in the "choose folder" or iPhoto library sections, because the Apple supplied backgrounds are automatically set for your computer resolution, but I might be wrong... :eek:

Also, you might want to go to pixelgirlpresents.com or resexcellence.com to get more desktop pictures...