Backing Up and Retrieve Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by hangingkayaker, Mar 25, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

When I was backing up my files, somehow I lost all my pics and video after Set. 2012. Any idea where they could be or where I should go looking? They didn't go into the trash. Its about 600 pics.

Also, in iphoto, after retrieving what files I could from my backup, all I see are frames where the pictures should be. If I scroll through the pics I see the pic very briefly but then the frame comes back. How do I get my pics to show.

I think I really screwed up this back up thing!!
    Thanks for any help.

2. macrumors 68040

We need more info. What did you use for backup? Time Machine?

/Jim

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Time machine and "My Book for Mac"

4. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Not quite sure how you got sideways here, but if the photos were backed up with Time Machine you should be able to get them back.

Open Finder and select your Pictures folder, then enter Time Machine. Now scroll back on the time line to the right until you get to a date you know the photos were all there. Then click restore.

Also, after you do this, hold down the command and option keys (both) when you launch iPhoto the first time and rebuild the iPhoto database.