Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
I've had my fun with Vista RC1, but it's time for me to go back to XP.

The only problem is that I have applications on my computer that I don't have discs for. In OS X, that wouldn't be a problem, I'd just drag them on to my external. But I didn't think that worked in Windows. Vista has a backup utility that offers me the option of backing up my documents and files, or making a complete backup of everything in case of hardware failure. If I make the complete backup, I'm assuming it will backup my apps, but will I be able to use that backup when I've reinstalled XP?

Has anyone moved back from Vista to XP before? How did you do it and how did it go? Did you have to reinstall OS X? Because that's not something I really want to do if I don't have to.

Before you claim piracy, the apps that I don't have discs for are ones that I was given by my lecturer to install under the university's license, but he only made one disc to be shared around the class and I have no idea where it is now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.