Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Alright so I searched the previous post and I could find a clear answer to my questions...so Im wondering if anyone can help....

Alright so I want to back up all of my music, playlist and videos on my ipod, I have to take my ipod in to get a new one. However, in order to save space on my pc, I always delete stuff in my itunes so I cant do that smartplaylist and then burn or any other option.

So am wondering...is there a way to back up all of my data (music,playlist,videos) FROM my ipod?:confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So you have Windows? Enable the viewing of hidden files in Explorer and simply drag everything back into My Computer (or wherever) from the iPod. :)

net26

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
IF you're using a windows PC you might want to check out CopyPod and maybe some other software from the same company. i think iCloner should do what you want pretty well.

n

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
What happens when we connect to a 2nd computer and it loads iTunes with your iPod's music? Does all the music get transfered?

If so - does this work as a backup? Can we upgrade to a new iPod and load it from this computer?

peletrane

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Enable Hidden Files from Windows Explorer and then Copy and paste the files from iPod to HD. That worked for me when I last had a Windows Machine (never again, thankfully!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.