Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobNor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
How even is the backlighting on your IPad 4 or Mini?

My Mini is pretty good perhaps slightly darker at the very bottom of the screen when in portrait
My IPad 4 is not as good brighter on the left than the right when in portrait,still debating whether it bothers me enough to get it changed

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
my 4 is brighter on the left hand side. im having it swapped out (for a different reason today) so will see if the new screen is any different.

burc2006

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
my 4 is brighter on the left hand side. im having it swapped out (for a different reason today) so will see if the
new screen is any different.

when you swap it within 1st 14 days do they swap with brown box swap ones, or directly swap it with white box(with all accessories)?

Sh4wN

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2012
Had 2 iPad 4 already, both uneven tint. Not impressed.

when you swap it within 1st 14 days do they swap with brown box swap ones, or directly swap it with white box(with all accessories)?

Bought in store: good chance to get a new boxed one. Bought online: probably brown box.

Doesn't matter, they're all brand new at the moment.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
bought it online and the replacement came in a new sealed retail package. screen is shocking in this one :( oh well.

Last edited:

RobNor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
I've decided to keep mine but how widespread is this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.