Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
I am about to buy a macbook and this question will not effect my decision but I feel like asking it anyway. I had a 12" G4 powerbook for two years and a lot of my friends bought the 15" or 17" models. I know the backlit keyboard came in handy, I frequently wanted it.

Is there any modification that can be done to the macbook to add this feature? I know it is far fetched but I thought there might be some third party out there that might do the modification. Any ideas? Are there any other solutions you guys know about? Tipping the screen is always an option (I am actually doing it right now) but it is inconvienent.

FullmetalZ26

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2006
There isn't really enough room inside the MacBook's keyboard assembly to facilitate that kind of modification, so I'd imagine the only way this would be possible was if someone custom designed and built a complete keyboard and upper casing assembly replacement. The chance that this might happen is pretty darn small, so you might consider looking into USB-powered mini lights made specifically for notebooks.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
You bet. You just need to buy one of these bad boys. Okay, it's not a backlight solution, but chicks totally dig it.

Attachments

• s13.jpg
    s13.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,422
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.