Backlite Keyboard for TiBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by big, Dec 6, 2003.

1. big macrumors 65816

big

ok, so I am in the middle of making a light for my 15" TiBook. Then it dawned on me, how about an ELECTROLUMINESCENT PANEL??

I found an LED light kit here it looks very promising, though I know I really want a better product than two small led's.

does anyone else understand electronics and how we could wire an EL Panel to a TiBook, ie using the correct resistors et al....

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'm not too familiar withe TiBook, but I think heat is supposed to escape out from the keyboard. If you put in an EL panel under the keys, it would obstruct ventalation, which probably would not be good. I could be wrong about the ventalation thing though.

3. Macpoops macrumors 6502

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say it doesn't matter much...the Tibook is made of titanium because it conducts heat. the keyboard isn't exactly designed to vent heat.

4. big thread starter macrumors 65816

big

there are a few heat sinks I am looking at possible covering, though EL panels are soooo thin, I think they may act just like the keyboard themselves...

any Electronic Engineers out there??

5. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I have 2 words concerning the possibility of more heat.. thermal paste!

Many people here don't seem to understand what wonders it can do and it only costs 3-5 bucks for a tube you will get 10+ uses out of. you only need to re-apply it whenever the heatsink is taken off.