Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Greetings ! :D

I need a Backpack & Sleeve for my 15" Macbook Pro. Yes, I've checked the Advice on Buying Laptop Case or Sleeve sticky and It was very helpfull on finding tons of backpacks but left me with a hard decision!

I'm a College student who needs room in his backpack to hold Macbook Pro, Mighty Mouse, two small books, calculator, Ipod Shuffle, and a pen. Also Im looking for something that has some sort of style to it.

Heres a list of backpacks I liked, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me any experience with the listed backpacks or any you would recomend for me. Im thankfull to all replies!

Mac Case -
Mac-Case Backpack
Mac-Case Sling

Targus -
Sport Backpack
Trademark Backpack
Urban Backpack

Timbuk2 -
Ace Day Pack
Bucket Day Pack
Lula Day Pack

I think the Mac Case backpack & the Timbuk2 are my favorite so far.

dollystereo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2004
France
I was in the same business some weeks ago, and for price and quality I got the NorthFace Recon (69$) and the In case for Macbook (29$) and It really protect my computer, is the best thing to do (I think that)
Good luck

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
jakochampolska said:
ohh I like the urban backpack...
but I think all the chocies you listed look good for your needs.

I agree the urban looks very cool, I wish i could try it on online though :(

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
dollystereo said:
I was in the same business some weeks ago, and for price and quality I got the NorthFace Recon (69$) and the In case for Macbook (29$) and It really protect my computer, is the best thing to do (I think that)
Good luck

Hrm.. Northface makes some nice looking packs. Im gonna have to spend some time on their site. Thanks!

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
Well even if you can't try one on asking for others that have is a good move. :)

I don't have one of the packs listed, but I know the topic of bags has come up often enough that you might find additional threads with a forum search, if you haven't done that already. ;)

For the record: My Booq pack hasn't let me down for an instant, but they aren't exactly affordable. :(

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
cyberddot said:
Well even if you can't try one on asking for others that have is a good move. :)
I don't have one of the packs listed, but I know the topic of bags has come up often enough that you might find additional threads with a forum search, if you haven't done that already. ;)
For the record: My Booq pack hasn't let me down for an instant, but they aren't exactly affordable. :(

Ahhh doing a search would help, thanks! I forgot to mention my price range, anything under 100$ :D
Edit: Did a search. Alot of threads but mostly on Messanger Bags.

albertfreestyle

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2006
California
Moshiiii said:
Ahhh doing a search would help, thanks! I forgot to mention my price range, anything under 100$ :D
Edit: Did a search. Alot of threads but mostly on Messanger Bags.

if your looking for cool factor...no doubt, get the zero halliburton
but it'll cost ya, but good protection - being a hard case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.