Backpack for Powerbook

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by JzzTrump22, Jun 20, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

I'm trying to find a decent backpack to carry my 15" powebook in. All i can find are $100 backpacks. There has to be something a little more resonably priced that is decent. I'm looking at the $40 range. Any suggestions. I did find one or two but don't know anything about them. The Targus Pulse seems to be resonable. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. macrumors 6502

This is a case of you get what you pay for. The higher priced backpacks will have more protection from physical damage. I personally got the Brenthaven briefcase.

3. macrumors regular

mattroberts

I have a crumpler.

http://www.crumplerusa.com/products/backpacks.html

It is by far the best built bag I've ever seen. However I have no experience with their backpacks. and I think the prices are a bit more than your interested in. But in my case any damage to my PB would be devastating and since i loose applecare soon VERY expensive. Protecting your PB is a must - do your best to make sure its got insane padding.

cheers
    m

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Those are one of the most messed up looking backpacks i've ever seen. Well i'm looking into a backpack because i'm going to college and i don't want to draw attention to myself by letting people know i have a laptop in a laptop bag. So i want a backpack because it's a lower profile. I won't be traveling with it too much, it will mostly be stationary, so thats why i don't really want to spend $100+ on something that will have minimal use.

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors newbie

backpack

I have an InCase form-fitting sleeve for my TiBook, and I can place this inside an ordinary EastPak bookbag when on campus.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

8. macrumors newbie

Heading to college next year too, and I have a Northface Recon. It has a laptop sleeve for the Powerbook. Nothing too sturdy, but it holds it in place near the padding on the back.