backup program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Muzukun, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Muzukun macrumors regular

Hiya,

my mac constantly is giving me the 'I'm out of disk space!' warning from what I can see I only really use up around 20 gigs out of the 80 gig hard drive for mp3s, and whatever other random thing I chuck away in a folder. So that kind of leaves me with 60gigs (minus whatever is taken out of the 80 gigs for system files or whatever on the HD). I can't really figure out where the rest of my space is going so I rather just reformat and start from scratch (ex windows user, it's tradition :D).

So that leads me to my question, is there some really good mac program that will backup my mp3s, emails and little settings along those lines? Or would there be a better approach to handling all of this that doesn't involve a reformat? Thanks! :)

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

disk inventory x http://www.derlien.com/ will give you a nice view of whats taking up your space. Helped me a lot when i couldn't figure out where 40gb of my hd went.

3. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much! This program lets me see all the times the mac recreated one of my external hard drives ^-^;; thanks! :D