Backup program

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacBandit, Jun 15, 2003.

1. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Okay first off the only way I have of backing up is DVD or CD other then that I do a minor backup to my iDisk account just for critical stuff.

I'm looking for a backup program that I can drop say 20GB of data on and it will split it up among several DVDs or CDs. I know Apples Backup will do this but I have another criteria.

The second thing and the thing I'm actually looking for is a program that will either remember what has been backed up or will read the dvd/cd backups and then compare that to what is current on the hard drive and then give you the option to just backup the new and changed data. That way you can restore from your main set of discs and then over write that data on your drive with the latest few discs giving you up to date data. This would keep you from having to backup all 20GBs everytime you backup and having to waste all those DVDs.

If this doesn't make sense to anyone let me know and I'll try to explain in more detail.

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Re: Backup program

I think that Impression will be able to do what your first requirement is. As for the second requirement, I'm not sure I can help you there.

3. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: Backup program

Thanks Apple Backup works for the first requirement but the information about Impression says something about managing backup session information for incremental/differential backup. I wonder if that is what I need for the second requirement. Thanks I'll definitely check it out.