Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
Hey guys, i got bored last night and thought i would write a article about my backupscripts and how others can use it, if anyone would like to comment on the article or would like to use the scripts or someone just found it helpful. please post here

PS remeber i wrote this at 2am in the morning if anyone notices any spelling mistakes please tell me

http://www.swat.gotdns.com/backups.htm

The script was update at the time of this edit to allow the use of backups to external harddrives and a iDisk, it also include variables to control all needed functions and backup locations

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
thanks for the comments, ive just updated it to allow easy use of certain features and added 2 sections to allow uploads to a external harddrive or a iDisk

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
grapes911 said:
I'm guessing this is the result of thread from a while ago. I'm glad you got everything to work together. Nice idea to put it on the web.

yeh it is that script i was working on a while ago, and i finally got it to work well enough i thought others might need something like it

PS. thanks for the heads up ill add links to the files needed for growl

EDIT: added links to growl and growlnotify

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.