Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Apr 16, 2006.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Im ready to format my computer.. its been a little screwed up lately and i have a lot of crap on it.. is there any way i can backup all my settings like printer settings.. because the two times i have had to reinstall my printer.. tis been a pain in the but because its not natively supported.. Any good way of backing up my files?? im just going to transfer it to another comptuer on my network..
  2. MacHarne macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2005
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    I am unsure of a universal answer to that question but you might want to locate any files on your computer pertaining to your printer. For instance, my HP printer has a folder in my Library > Preferences spot and also in my Library > Printers area. Assuming OS X handles all printers in the same manner, you might similar folders/files in those locations, but a Spotlight search for "printer" or your specific printer brand name might reveal some more files to copy over.

Since Migration Assistant copies over the printer files without the need to reinstall drivers, I am making the assumption that manually copying over the same files will be just as effective.