bad Bluetooth in MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Moshiiii, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Hello,
    I bought a MBP last week and experienced all the lame problems. Mine whines loud and is very hot. I was trying to return it but was getting the run arround so I decided to deal with it. I got my wireless apple bluetooth keyboard in the mail today and was so excited to hook it up. About 30mins later I was on the phone with apple because the bluetooth would reconize the keyboard then loose signal, they said it might be a hardware issue? I contacted my sales person and have a new MBP comming to me in the mail. Now whats the likley'ness that its my keyboard thats broken?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, hey, does it really matter? You got a new MBP! ;)

Seriously, though, it's unlikely but possible it's the KB or the KB batteries. Try it out on your new MBP after replacing the batteries.

3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Probably more likely than the hardware being broken.

Do you have any other BT devices, besides certain phones (Verizon). Maybe that could help diagnose the problem.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'd agree, except that it sounds like he got a real lemon of an MBP, so I'd believe it was the MBP. And, yes, interference could be a problem, but I'd think that the very short distance between the MBP and the KB should make the BT connection pretty strong if both things were functioning correctly.

5. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

No other BT devices unfortunatly. I swear if the new one whines im gonna shoot someone!!!