Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sillisquid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
I ordered a Treegloo case for my iPad 2 seven weeks ago. Long story short, I was given a 2-4 week estimate (till it shipped). That slipped to another week. Then another week. I still haven't received notification of shipment.

I asked for a refund, and they haven't responded yet. I tried to request a refund from Paypal, but because it's been more than 45 days, Paypal won't help out.

I've heard good things about Treegloo, but I appear to have lost $57. Here's some screenshots to show the correspondence. Buyer beware...

Attachments

• Correspondence 1.png
    Correspondence 1.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Correspondence 2.png
    Correspondence 2.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Paypal Dispute.png
    Paypal Dispute.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 78

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
There is a whole thread dedicated to Treegloo and it basically devolved into the same issue you are having. It's near the top of this page right now.

Basically prepare to wait for upwards of 2-4 months or ask for a refund. Sorry.

lego batman

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
Austin
Saw him post on their FB page earlier and it stated they refunded him already. I see these 1-2 posts users stating something bad simply b/c they are bitter that they can't have "everything" (cheap, fast, good-- pick any two). I bet they got what they wanted since they didn't return to complain more...

Treegloo is cheap and good, so spending 30%-40% less than another similar case, you have to expect some compromise.

I have a Pad and Quill, which is nice, but as soon as I saw a Red case in one user's thread (something no one else offered) I wanted one. If I didn't have the other case I would get an ebay case to hold me over and still come out cheaper than my PnQ.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I own 2 TG cases -received them on time and still working well...two friends also have had good results.....some may have had problems but I'm not in that group.

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
I see these 1-2 posts users stating something bad simply b/c they are bitter that they can't have "everything" (cheap, fast, good-- pick any two). I bet they got what they wanted since they didn't return to complain more...

Treegloo is cheap and good, so spending 30%-40% less than another similar case, you have to expect some compromise.
You couldn't be more wrong. I recently cancelled an order with Treegloo. I was very much looking forward to that case, but I grew tired of empty promises.

It's one thing to promise a customer a delivery date of 8-12 weeks out because you're backlogged, and to promise a customer 2-4 weeks but then keep giving extended delivery dates without following through.

I was lied to concerning my delivery date 3 times. That just isn't how you do business. I'd have had no problem waiting if they would have been honest up front.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
You couldn't be more wrong. I recently cancelled an order with Treegloo. I was very much looking forward to that case, but I grew tired of empty promises.

It's one thing to promise a customer a delivery date of 8-12 weeks out because you're backlogged, and to promise a customer 2-4 weeks but then keep giving extended delivery dates without following through.

I was lied to concerning my delivery date 3 times. That just isn't how you do business. I'd have had no problem waiting if they would have been honest up front.

I agree with Alaerian. I was also mislead (meaning - lied to) numerous times about when my replacement case would ship. Finally cancelled and eventually got a refund. Numerous others have posted here about similar experiences. I've wondered why any business would intentionally give out wrong information about deliveries or anything else. It has happened way too often for it to be an honest mistake by Treegloo. Like this poster, I can deal with delays if given a semblance of correct information. However, after three times being told my case would ship in a couple of days, I not only gave up hope; but was quite angry (hence my posts here and on other threads). Treegloo - there was no need for all this acrimony if you had only been honest.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I've had a similar experience. Ordered in mid-April. Still waiting. I'm patient, but this is stretching it. When I have emailed, I have gotten similar response-apologizing for the delay and saying it will ship in a couple days, etc.

In the meantime, I've gotten a Maroo Kumara II, which is a nice case. Protective without being cumbersome like an Otterbox.

sillisquid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Yes, I wouldn't have had a problem, if they had not given me false impressions of the original 2-4 weeks, or the extra week, and so on. If they had been honest up front, and indicated that it would be 8 weeks, then I would have nothing to complain about.

In the end, it was not until I made this post, and the post to their facebook page that I was given an instantaneous refund on paypal. Curious. They were very slow in responding to my e-mails (see the images in the original post). But once I made a complaint on facebook and forums, they replied without hesitation.

Treegloo, thanks for the refund. I took the money and ordered a portenzo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.