Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

captoats85

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
So I open iTunes tonight and look for my favorite station - Atlantic Sound Factory - and find it is no longer listed.

It seems Apple removed some dead stations on Tuesday from their radio listings, and the Atlantic Sound Factory was removed as well. I have contacted Apple for news and to see if there's any possibility of being reinstated, but it's too early to tell if the removal was a mistake, or intentional. I won't deny that it's a disappointing development. But there's nothing I can do. Either it will all work out, or it won't... - asfradio.com, station's website

I'd much rather listen on iTuunes... what a bummer :( :confused:

captoats85

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
That's only 64kbps, the one in iTunes was more often 128kbps (or sure seemed like it)

Among other favorites of mine no longer on iTunes as of this week-

.977 alternative channel
idobi radio

My top 3 all gone - go figure.....

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Apple never hosted or controlled these streams, all they ever had in the directory was links. They're just Shoutcast and all can be opened in iTunes if you know the addresses.

If a 128 stream of Atlantic Sound Factory is out there, surely the station would be able to tell you where to link. If the other stations are indeed still live, a brief Google session should turn up the stream locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.