Bad Motion blur on 17"

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Choony, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Choony macrumors newbie

Hey guys, is anyone else here getting really bad motion blur when they watch a DVD on the 17" iMac G4? Is there a fix for this? Also I get it when Im previewing a picture, whilst moving it around it will go in and out of focus

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I don't know about the DVD problem, but it sounds like the picture problem is something inherent to ALL LCD displays.

3. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

it shouldnt do that on a dvd. make sure your refresh rate is set as high as possible...if that still doesnt work, try a different dvd and see if the problem persists.

if so...call apple.

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

ring apple, this sounds bad, my 15inch has never done that,

5. Choppaface macrumors 65816

do you mean a sort of flickering or something? and in the process parts of the image gets that sort of scanline effect? I've seen that computers seem to do that no matter what comp/screen combo

6. Choony thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean when the screen goes black you can see the square pixels, like they take time to change. How do you increase refresh rate?

7. Choony thread starter macrumors newbie

When I say refresh rate, when I go into preferences, then display I cant change refresh rate as it is listed as 'n/a'. What is going on, I have OS 10.2.1 loaded