Bad mouse response in Classic games

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Seedouble, May 29, 2005.

1. Seedouble macrumors newbie

May 11, 2005

When i run os9 or 7 or whatever games in Classic, the mouse responds very badly. Is there a patch or update somewhere to help with this? perhaps it is the games expecting old ball mice and that. is the mouse giving the game TOO MUCH information? I have no idea.

- Seedouble
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    OS 9 is being loaded up in OS X, so when it comes to intensive apps, like games, it will have a slow responce time. OS 9 is not running like it would be when its the only OS on the computer, its basically being run as an OS X app. So your game is like running an application inside of an application. If you want to stick to the old days, I believe you can still boot back into OS 9, even with OS X installed. Just go to System Preferences -> Startup Disk -> and change it to OS 9, and Reboot.
  3. chv400 macrumors 6502

Dec 16, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I know its possible to make the games responsive I did it once a while ago when i got the game Ares but I'm not sure what it is and its something very very specific that needs to be turned on in classic and i havnt been able to duplicate what was on before. Ares stopped running well after my HD died and i had to reinstall so i lost my old settings.