Bad Pixels on Apple Flat-Panels?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Draft, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Draft macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if anyone owns an apple flat panel monitor with bad pixels? I'm thinking of buying one sometime in the future, and I was wondering about their quality.

Later,
    Draft

2. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

i am the proud owner of a 17" apple lcd and let me tell you:

this thing is absolutely gorgeous

i love every curve of it and i love looking at it whether it's on or off (even in sleep... i love the puslating power button too :D)

mine is perfect... no bad pixels but i have heard of a few bad stories... one of them (from http://www.railheaddesign.com) was a huge problem and he's still dealing with apple's support (which is great, in my opinion... they've been doing the best they can for him and they've always given great support for my powerbook g3)

they're worth every penny... i'm consider gettting another... i need more resolution ;)

3. iGav macrumors G3

Well I've not had much much with PowerBook screens...... :( haven't got a external Apple display either....... although from what I've read they're very good so I wouldn't much worry.......

I've got an external Sony LCD display and it the mutts nutts interms of quality....... :) so there's always that option....... if you can live with a Sony product that is...... :p

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

My 15 inch LCD works incredibly well. Absolutely no problems with it, except for attracting spiders and insects into the room, since it's that homey. :D

I told you guys before about the LCD screen with my iBook. I have a red stuck pixel, but that's with the "toilet seat" iBook (Graphite).

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

one

I have a Apple 17in LCD and I have one bad pixel. It's kind of disapointing but it's really not very noticeable. All my friends are gelous of my LCD, even my Windows user friends.

-evildead

6. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

At the school I work at we have 15, 15 inch apple lcds, i've seen one with one bad pixel at the top. Barley even noticeable. better then the 12 dell flat panels with 3 monitors wit 2 bad pixels each.