Bad timing of iTrip and new iPods.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by WannabeSQ, Apr 28, 2003.

1. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2002
    The new iPods use a totally different connector for the remote, rendering the iTrip and the iFM useless on new iPods. You'd think they might have had some inside info on the new connector or something. I was hoping to sell my 10gb iPod on ebay for either a 10 or 15gb new iPod.

Is there any hope of Griffin making a new iTrip for the new iPods?

Also, does anyone know if the CompUSA extended warranty is transferrable? IF so, how much do you think I could get for a 10gb touch wheel iPod with the warranty?
  2. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2002
    That is kind of dirt on Griffin actually. It would be interesting to see if they make a new one for the bottom, i hope they do as i was planning on buying one(but id rather the new not sacrifice a new ipod)
  3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    they've said 4-6 weeks from what i read for it work with a new model but it will be tricky since it neeeds to translate the new all in one port into power for it and then reach the battery on the other side.
  4. bertagert macrumors 6502

Jan 13, 2003
    Doesn't the iTrip plug into the headphone jack? If so, isn't the headphone jack the same as before and on top?
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    it plugs into the top of the goodipod and takes power from the firewire port and the audiosignal from the headphone jack.
  6. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2002
    The iTrip does NOT draw any of it's power from the firewire port. It does engage the port but only for support. It draws 100 percent of it's power from the headphone jacks outercirle. Much like the Apple iPod remote(old style) The new ipods have a different type of headphone/remote jack then the old ones this is a problem for giffin. but then again imagine how many current OLD ipod users out there.