Bad value on new iPods?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by WannabeSQ, Apr 28, 2003.

1. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I was pricing the new iPods, and to get the new 10gb one with the same accessories as the 15gb one (case, remote, dock) it actually costs more than getting a 15gb one. So if you just got the 15gb one you not only get more space, but SAVE MONEY. Maybe some people dont want the case, as it kinda sucks which makes getting a 10gb with dock and remote $23 cheaper than a 15gb, I think $23 for 5gb is a steal. Anyone else notice this?

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

the ten gig needs to be 200 dollars. when u see 20 gig mp3 players, albeit nowhere near as nice as the ipod for the same price as a now ten gig, you know something is wrong.

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i still have heard way too many bad reviews on the ipod remote and earphones to justify a $39 price tag...i would probably only pay $5 for that stuff...

the remote barely clips to any clothing, only very thin material will it stay on. and the earphones don't have that great of sound quality.

4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

That is not much difference from when the lineup was 5 10 and 20. It was almost the same thing then so there isn't much difference.

5. Shrike_Priest macrumors member

Who cares what the earplugs are capable of? I'm gonna be using my Portapro's anyway.

plugs suck ass unless you pay a hell of a lot. at least from my experience. and I've rarely gotten plugs packaged with a piece of hardware that was worth using.