Bag for a MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Benhurdk, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Benhurdk macrumors newbie

Hello everybody.

I have just recently bought my self a MacBook, so now i'm in the market for a nice bag for my laptop. I have been looking at the Crumpler - Little pimp. But unfortunately i learned that the sleeve in this bag is only made for a 12" laptop.

I have been looking over the web, to find a nice shoulder bag, that doesn't look like a computer bag but I can't really seem to find any that fits the 13,3" MacBook.

Anyone who have any experience or recomandations for buying a bag for the MacBook?

Maybe someone knows how the Crumpler - Considerable embarrassment fits the macbook?

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks

Benhurdk

2. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

When I purchased my Macbook I also got the STM Small Alley bag on the Apple site. I highly recommend it.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

STM has a nice one out, I've just seen it recently, it's oatmeal-ish colored and sort of a faux-tweed fabric. It's $120 though (includes sleeve), which may or may not be your price range.

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I think STM has some of the best looking bags available. I have the small loft, and I love it!

5. eb6 macrumors regular

6. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

7. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

8. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

9. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I have one of these and it is GREAT! works beautifully. And it isnt bulky or anthign I fit my MBP 15" in there w/ cables, extra battery and even sometimes my External HD.. i love it. HIGHLY recommended. Though a few people do know its a "labtop" bag, most just think its a bag.

I commonly get jokes that my MBP is permenatley "attached to my hip" because I carry it around in there so much. :)

10. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

I got the incase nylon sleeve, I love it as a small case, but if you need to take a mouse or the power cord forget it, get a fullsize bag.

11. Paulhammer macrumors newbie

I have the Crumpler Part and Parcel, which is built for the MBP, but the macbook sits in there nicely, with only a little bit on lateral space. Holds lots of stuff, plenty of pockets, comfortable. Highly recommend any crumpler stuff.

Also, if you're into it, Dakine makes some great backpacks with laptop compartments.

12. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Crumpler's Considerable Embarrassment is supposed to fit the Macbook quite well, from what I've read online. Earlier this week I ordered its big brother (Dreadful Embarrassment) for my new Macbook Pro. I would've liked the smaller bag, but I tried it out and the MBP does not fit in the sleeve.

Not everyone likes messenger-style bags, though.

13. Benhurdk thread starter macrumors newbie

14. ViM macrumors regular

Timbuk2 Laptop messenger looks good and if I bought a macbook I would probably get this one.

[​IMG]

15. gavd macrumors 6502a

Crumpler

I bought a Crumpler Roll-o-notes for my 12" PB. I've since bought a MacBook, and even though the Crumpler was only supposed to fit a 12" Laptop my MacBook fits in nicely. Snug without being too tight!

16. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

i have a smaller version of that tucano bag in your link. It's very well constructed (really most bags ive looked for my macbook are well constructed), sexy looking and Italian.

the Crumplers look good, but their website is oh-so-weird. i mean, why is their a girl riding a pig on their website, and who names their bag dreadful embarassment?

forgot to mention, if you search the net you can find better prices on tucanos than apple's listed price.

17. jupiter macrumors newbie

I recomend the STM Small Alley bag, they look great and are very durable, plenty of space for cables, power supply etc. Unfortunately I had to search around for ages to find one as they're not the UK store but it was well worth the effort.

18. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Let me get this straight - a person who chose the forum name "TequilaBoobs" is complaining that Crumpler chooses weird names for their bags? :p

19. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

My name is not weird! I combined my 2 favorite things in the world and there u got it!

20. muiradams macrumors newbie

Waterfield Designs (http://www.sfbags.com)

Waterfield Design bags are amazing and their complete product line of bags/sleeves are custom made to accomodate practically every model of laptop in existence. they use the finest materials and have impecable craftsmanship. BTW, their bags are made in the San Francisco, CA.

Their customer service is top notch and quite often, when phoning in an order the owner answers the phone.

Hands down, the best customer service i've EVER received. Just go to their website and read the testimonials, if you order from them, my hunch is that you will be tempted to write a testimonial for them. They are that good at what they do.

http://www.sfbags.com

Best,

Scott Rolfson
    Stickeen Design & Photography