bag for laptop q and other tech items

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cuestakid, Jan 24, 2007.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

So I know there are millions of topics about laptop cases but what i am looking for is a case or bag that allows me to carry my latop, cables and most importantly my portable hard drives-I have been looking around for something that is big enough but also gives sufficent padding for the drives-i have a backpack that could work but it can become very bulky with all that stuff inside of it. So I was wondering if someone could give me any suggestions as to what may be the best solution for my problem

thanks

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

3. karebihun macrumors newbie

to be honest, i like the northface line of backpacks. my yavapai is really sleek, has realllly nice shoulder straps, and has a padded laptop case for my DELL =[ hopefully a mac soon. i dunno. check em out.

4. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks i will take a look at both of them-though what i did find was cas logic has hard dirve cases that I can buy-so I may buy a couple of those and then just get a decent messenger bag or something like that

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Try Tom Bihn - their bags have loads of organiser pockets for your other tech gear and their laptop sleeves are great.

6. T-Stex macrumors 6502

If you want a protective bag, look into Brenthaven (and no, I'm not just saying that because I'm looking to sell a Brenthaven messenger). They make some of the best constructed and most protective bags, and they look great too. I have the Fusion messenger bag, and as far as messenger bags go, it's probably the most protective that I've seen. I felt totally comfortable with my laptop in that bag, and it had enough room for plenty of other things as well. I'd recommend just about any Brenthaven bag.

I've also got a North Face backpack (Seven Summits Recon) with a laptop section, but I don't really use it all that often to put my laptop in. The section itself isn't very protective at all, and I don't know if I'd recommend it for a computer. However, they did recently come out with a bag called the Surge, that looked like it might be better for carrying around computers and accessories. That might be a bag you'd like to look into, but I'd try to see it in person before I bought it.