bag for new pb

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Wally, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally macrumors member

hey guys

just got my brand new pb today and im loving it... although i need a bag to carry it around at college next year... i was looking at this ... http://www.mac-case.com/MacCase Combo.htm

im looking to spend around 100 ? anyone have ideas on which bag is best suited for a poor college kid with a kick ass pb? any help is welcome!

alex

2. KiDrOck80 macrumors member

KiDrOck80

im in the same boat you are in..i purchased my new PB june 25th..and im in the market for a quality backpack for my PB...that one looks pretty nice..but if anyone else knows of any better ones..let me know..

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....uh, have either of you guys looked at the sticky thread at the top of this forum? - you'll probably find *more* than enough info etc in there rather than starting yet another thread.....oh yeah!

4. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

You say you're poor, yet you're looking to spend around $100 for a PB bag? Damn. Wish *I* was that poor....

In any case, I like the Vyper bag(s) from Booq Bags. Much better than a regular laptop bag IMO because I can slip the sleeve into my backpack and no one would know that I have a PB in there.

5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I recently got a Powerbook too and have an STM Small Loft on the way. That cost me AU$80 (about US$60). There's a great review of them on here somewhere. STM seem to make affordable great quality bags!

6. obrien234 macrumors regular

Messenger Bag?

I don't know if you're interested in messenger bags, but I plan on getting this one from Timbuk2

7. Wally thread starter macrumors member

i looked in the stciky ... thats where i found that one... i didnt know if anyone had that certain bag and was willing to give a review..

any ideas are greatly appriciated

alex

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

me 2, i want it in blue and silver/gray :cool:

9. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

My STM Alley is in the mail as we speak. I was going to get the Loft, but I just couldn't bring myself to get that brown/orange combo. It just hurt my head to look at it. The alley was cheaper anyway at $40.

Attached Files:

10. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

The Loft in its colour scheme is a little..... interesting but it just seemed to have more pockets. Plus I've seen photos of it (non-promotional) and it doesn't look as bad. I guess I'll find out in the next few days when it arrives. :)

11. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

I'm loving my DC SHOES CAMO backup from the Apple Store

12. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

I have one of these - http://www.be-ez.com/prod_bagclassic.html

It's pretty good, the zips can be hidden, it's fairly water tight so a bit of rain wont bother it, however a monsoon might ;)

Lots of pockets for just about everything, very comfy to wear on your back, and the carry handle on the top is also well padded

Best bit is... it doesn't look much like a laptop bag :D

Note: for the pics i just crammed it with a load of random stuff from my desk :)

Attached Files:

13. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I could not be happier with my Tom Bihn Bags. If you plan on carrying it in a book bag, there bags have air bladders in the bottom so if you drop your book bag it has a cushion. I got the Monolith bag for vertical use. Their kinda like inserts so you can use it in other bags. I've never really liked the look of lap top bags only because it looks like your carrying a lap top bag, with the Tom Bihn bags however no one can tell.

14. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, i don't dare to say it.

o.k. i say it anyway: bought a bag at TARGET for $49 including a Mini Scroll Mouse, an unpowered 4 USB hub, a modem cable. it fits perfectly, it is very robust, looks boring but does its job. i traveled a lot and the PB is still fine. i still use the mouse. no need to spend 100 bucks....

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Personally, I care a lot about the weight of the bag and I can't seem to find those specs for the Mac Case backpack although it looks promising. I just recently got the booq boa XS which was on sale for $79.95 USD. I don't know if that promo code still works or not, but you could give it a shot. I love the little compactness of this backpack, it looks really nice, and it's really comfortable to wear.

16. Super20 macrumors regular

I use a Brenthaven bag for my 15" powerbook. BUT....I'm not carrying a lot of class size books along with it. Mostly papers and stuff. But....another option.

17. sentrido macrumors newbie

18. scoopman macrumors newbie

scoopman

I second the Crumpler bags. Terrific! Take a look at ebags.com, they seem to have some pretty good sale prices. Got my Crumpler there at a great discount.

scott

19. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Well, my Small Loft arrived in the post today and it's nowhere near as hideous as the pictures make it look It's a nice, small bag with good padding and a large amount of pockets. From reviews it seems you can't go wrong with STM bags, they are made by people with brains.

Now I can take my Powerbook to work tomorrow and show it off to the jealous throngs. :D

20. dcv macrumors G3

Whichever bag you decide on, it might be wise to also buy a neoprene sleeve for extra protection - e.g. the Tucano Second Skin. Then you can throw whatever other stuff you want into the bag without worrying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.