"baghdad burning" an insider's blog

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Don't panic, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

I came across this blog
    http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/
    an interesting read from what appears a very moderate iraqi's point of view

a couple of excerpts:

on terror+WMD

on elections
    a christmas list

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds like at least one person who gave the US a chance but has now become our enemy.

3. diamond geezer macrumors regular

another blog

blog

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if the US is using chemical weapons, those are very serious charges and i'd like to know the truth. it occurs to me that washing down streets and removing earth may be an effort to remove fragments of depleted uranium rounds, though.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That was my first thought, too. But a larger question comes into play:

why bomb a city with DU munitions? Why turn a war zone into a HazMat site too?

If we need DU munitions to kill these insurgents, they're better armored than our own troops.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Here is a rather interesting interview with the blogger DG linked to. It is long, and I don't agree with all of the assessments made, but it is a good read for an alternate viewpoint on things, if nothing else:
    http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/content/issue19/features/DahrJamail.php

Also, linked on the blog page of the first post, was an interesting tidbit about the movie "Red Dawn", it is pretty short so I will just quote it below:

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And more to the point, can the Bush supporters around here not see themselves joining in patriotic resistance to any outside force that were to invade and occupy their land, no matter how noble they claimed their cause was?

If you saw checkpoints where 18 - 21 year old foreign kids were humiliating, disrespecting, and even abusing your family, your friends, your neighbors, would you not want to plot against them?

If it was your town, would you be in the resistance or would you join the invaders?