Bags for 12" iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iostream.h, Aug 2, 2004.

1. iostream.h macrumors regular

I'm looking for a very stylish (not too expensive) bag that will hold a 12" iBook and a couple college textbooks.

2. Mycophiles macrumors newbie

Your looking for one of those backpack/ laptop cases that sling over the shoulder. I don't know brand names but I'd bet that's what you end up with.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Very stylish and not too expensive... hmm.

You might try searching the boards. The bag question comes up about once a week so it seems. FWIW, I looked at everything and ended up with the Brenthaven bag Apple sells online. Not very stylish, or so I'm told, but it is well made and a PB or iBook fits with perfection.

4. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

6. jhomayne macrumors regular

i just got myself a tucano 2nd skin and then i can chuck it in any bag i choose
    :)

7. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I went to CompUSA and they had some pretty nice looking backpacks not to expensive either. I saw some for aroung 30 bucks.

I was thinking about picking one of those up and getting the ZeroShock from Shinza.

There is also a really neat leather store around me, so I was going to go and check that out for a nice cheap leather case.

Mike

8. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

www.timbuk2.com

they make great messanger bags (go over one shoulder, not normal backpacks) great for college!!! and the laptop sleves are specifically designed to fit the iBooks and Powerbooks. i have had one for three years and it is great!! they are designed to last a LONG time. i have many friends that have them and dont know anyone with any problems (again designed to last a a long time) plus you can customize the colors and i think they even have patters you can add now. its pretty cool. (they even have acessory pockets for the iPod :) )

9. jdick67 macrumors newbie

I recommend the Brenthaven Mobility 1

It works great for my 12" Powerbook!! I love it!!

10. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

My mom made a sleeve for my iBook/Powerbook. Bit of velcro etc. Took her about 20 min and it had more padding and a better fit than what I found in the stores.

Thanks mom.

11. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I second this. I have a tucano 2nd skin and will throw my 12"pb into my backpack and go.

12. mpw Guest

What colour is it? There was a red one left in my local coffe shop the other day, was that yours?

13. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

i have a High sierra backpack and it's great!....i definitely recommend

14. mac_gal macrumors member

i like yak pak

I just got a YakPak messenger bag. There's not a built-in laptop sleeve, but the bag is pretty stylish / rugged / cheap.

My bag is just like this model ("Venti Doozy"), except it's horizontal rather than vertical (called a "Double Doozy").

Attached Files:

15. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

I recommend the Crumpler Wee Bee,even though its kinda "girly" in person.

EDIT: This may be too small for you.

16. shecky Guest

shecky

medium Waterfield cargo bag + slevecase.

very stylish. however, not cheap. 1 out of 2 aint' bad.

http://www.sfbags.com

17. Nspace macrumors regular

Just picked up a kensington backpack for my powerbook, it is quite nice looking and was afforable. The Crumplers here were 180 canadian and i found the Kensington for 90 Canadian. Has a suspended sleeve so that if you drop the backpack the pb wont hit the ground. it is also really comfortable and has lots of compartments.

http://www.kensington.com/html/3208.html

You should also check out the essential powerbook accessories thread to see what others have bought for more ideas.

18. jasonwood macrumors newbie

19. Celeron macrumors 6502a

20. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I also scored up a Zero Shock from Shinza. Debating whether I am going to just keep my backpack or go buy another bag.