Bah, girls.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Plymouthbreezer, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Plymouthbreezer, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Just wing it and play it cool this weekend...enjoy the time you get to spend with her this weekend and see how it plays out from there.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

As OutThere says, just play it cool this weekend. A bit of gentle flirting is fine if the situation's appropriate, but don't go over the top – just be your usual charming self and see how you get on. :)

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

winging it rocks

thats what i did and know i am dating my girl :p

5. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Sure, but do I bring up the fact she doesn't really (maybe - I guess it's an unknown) want to date me?

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Maybe she doesn't know you well so she wants to "feel you out"
    I think we should rename macrumors to "iGary's rant of the week and relationship questions along with new powerbook G5 next tuesday rumors"

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Absolutely not.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

cellphones, is that what kids are calling it these days ;) :p

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

But probably not in this thread.

10. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

OMG F*ck No.

Totally agree with WC here.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

there's nothing wrong with having friends who happen to be girls

12. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Wow, this is what happens when I don't get enough sleep.. I don't even know how I did that.

13. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

Just go out and have a good time. You'll both know soon enough if you want more. Don't force anything. Just be yourself and enjoy yourself.

And for G*d sake remember your manners open the door for her and all that stuff. :D

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

You've been "friended". Nothing wrong with that, she probably thinks you're cool. But a relationship is probably a no-go. If she just wants to be friends, take her at her word.

15. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    see, here's what I'd do:

Go out with her this weekend. BE yourself. Take her some place interesting, like a sex shop (I kid, I kid... or do I?) and just play it like you're fine with everything.

Over the next week she will ask to do something with you. Say "yes."

When you're out, she may show more affection. You, however, should not. Play like you don't want anything out of it. It will drive her mad.

Reverse the game on her. Girls like to put guys through hell, this way, when you reverse the tables, she will want you more.

I then give you less than a month before she brings up dating.

Learn from the ways of Onizuka. I know what the ladies like...

edit: the "friends line" before you go out with a girl is their way of saying "I don't screw on the first date." I give it three weeks if you follow my plan.

16. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think the reaction was towards plymouthbreezer's comment:

17. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

You know the ladies and it takes 3 weeks? Amature!
    :D ;)

18. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

That is entirely correct. I will be explicitly clear, so as not to confuse the masses. Being friends with the girl could be great... you could be friends for years and years. Doubtful, yes, but possible. Like finding a $100 bill under a rock in your backyard. But I digress... here's the point I was trying to make.... everyone listening?

Do not bring up the fact she doesn't want to date you.

<Cringes at thought of this happening>

19. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

There are far worse things than being friends and hanging out with a cute and popular girl. She probably has cute friends, yes?;)

20. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I think you need to redefine your definition of a 'date'

A date is for spending time with someone, doing something that is fun for both of you, and getting to know each other better.

It is nothing more -- that is, it is not a 'lock' on any kind of more emotional or more physical relationship.

If you start getting into the mind game of
    'well I won't make the effort to go out on a date with her because she would probably not be interested in [pick one: going steady, jumping in the sack, having my children] so why bother'
    then you are setting yourself up for a long and lonely life. You simply cannot make people respond and behave according to your mental projection of how things should happen.

A date is just 2 people having a fun time. Period. Go on the date, drop all of the expectations, listen more than you talk, smile, be gracious and courteous, and most of all remind yourself how fortunate you are to be spending time with this other wonderful and interesting person.

Get this: Even if (unlikely) she never speaks to you again in your life, you still would have had a good time on that evening - so that is worth it - it's a winner no matter what happens in the future.

Also, if she gets the message that you are sincere and real, not pushing her into a relationship, and are truly interested in her as a person, she may become the best friend you ever had, or she *may* become the woman you marry and spend the rest of your life with. Or you may have some kind of relationship that blossoms, ends, and you each find other people. You never know. And you can't pre-plan that.

21. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

Oh and don't forget when you're at the bowling alley don't buy doritos... nothing worse than a girl with Dorito Breath :D

22. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<DEEP BREATH>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

23. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You have to go at the pace of the "slowest" one in any couple. Maybe it'll happen, maybe not, but just take it easy.

I'm now married to my best friend from college. It took about two years from the time I realised I'd fallen for her to the time she realised she had fallen for me (she was in denial, apparently, and it took her a month of travelling around Europe without seeing me for her to realise this). Two years felt like a long time to wait back then, but looking back it was nothing.

24. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

There's nothing you can do. You should have initiated the conversation instead of send your friend to do your work for you. Then, you could have transitioned into the "wanna hang out this weekend" line. Might as well learn this lesson now rather than later.

25. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If I recall you're pretty young, right plymouthbreezer? If I'm right...

There have been a lot of suggestions here...but really the most important thing is to enjoy it. Really, just have fun and don't over-think it...if you have to think so much that it isn't fun, it's not worth it right?

The more you spend time with women now, without worrying too much about "what's going on", the more natural and 'real' you'll be in the future when things get more serious.