Baldurs Gate II Shadows OF Amn

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by slinky1, Oct 1, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Aug 8, 2008
    What is the game like as an RPG.Does it run well on a Mac.Any frame speed issues and are the quality of graphics good.Read a couple of reviews which were mixed.Need some advice.MacBook Pro 2G dual Core:confused:
  2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    It's a fascinating game -- very engrossing and replayable, and great plot. I haven't tried the Mac version, but I run the Windows version under Vista on my MacBook Pro to great effect.
  3. macrumors 6502

Aug 12, 2007
    It's a great RPG, but the Mac version is ancient and is made to run on OS 9, and it's very buggy in OS X, probably won't even work with Leopard. But there is an unofficial homemade Cider port of it that works extremely well. I can't link to it so you'll have to find it yourself.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Aug 15, 2002
    It is worth getting to work - it is absolutely in the Top 10 games of all time, and certainly one of the best RPG's ever. I have had it working on Tiger on a 1st gen Macbook Pro, but haven't reinstalled on my current new MBP.
  5. macrumors regular

Nov 11, 2007
    I play it on a MBP. BGTutu, also. I am running Leopard. It has less issues on Windows, but very much playable in Leopard. There is one major glitch. When you first install and play your first game it will crash when saving. It tries to create a temp folder, but creates a temp file. Just delete the file and create a folder.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2004
    Never Winter Nights is another excellent one.