Ball Stuck in iPod Headphone port

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by runninmac, Mar 26, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Um well i think this is the right spot to post becuase it has more to do with hardwear, sorry if its not but...

My sisters iPod shuffle has a ball stuck deep (i think like almost all the way but i dont want to try incase i jam it more) inside of the headphone port and it is like the perfect size to get stuck is there a way to get it free without ruining it? Or does the one-year warrenty cover stuff like this (im pretty sure it does'nt) but i could be wrong. Any sugestions would be great.

2. dudewheresmymac macrumors member

try to get a needle and poke the ball and then pull it out

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

4. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Im pretty sure its a plastic ball. Will sticking a needle in there damage the sound of it?

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

if you can find a straw or tube thin enough you could suck it out. Or use a pin or q-tip with something very sticky on it, it depends how stuck the ball is. Sticky tape is quite handy if you have ever got 2 tapes stuck in a VCR!

6. diddy macrumors 6502

not if youre careful to only poke the little ball and not the sides of the port.

(BTW, this is one of the stranger things ive heard happen to an iPod.)

7. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Thanks for tips im goning to try the sticky q-tip/pin ill post back with the results

8. jhomayne macrumors regular

i'm not sure if you want to be getting sticky stuff in the headphones port.. :confused:

9. Bonsaichop macrumors member

its a bit risky but it worked on my gf's ipod.

get a toothpick with a pointy end, put a dab of superglue on the end of the toothpick, put it in the centre of the headphone jack and hold it there for about 30 seconds then pull out

just make sure not to a) put too much superglue it doenst even have to make a ball as long as its a bit soaked and b) not to move the toothpick to the side, ohterwise you're in for a fun time ;)