Ballmer wants to kill Google

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Blurg, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Blurg Guest

Anyone else see this article on Slashdot? Sounds like Ballmer's getting a little scared of Google :D

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Whoa. Balmer sure have a temper.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

And he's a big guy... scary. :eek: I hope he doesn't end up hurting someone physically with those kind of stupid tantrums. :(

4. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Or himself... :eek:

I just think that Ballmer is pissed because Google is where M$ should be. Producing quality products that the consumer loves...

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Microsoft is scared of everybody right now.

Rightfully so. ;)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sometimes...I feel sorry, too, for Ballmer. I think he is, in some ways, the sort of Edsel Ford of Microsoft, or possibly of the entire IT world. :(

7. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Aahh .. the cool, professional business-like approach that we look up to in all CEOs.

He paints the picture of a sad tragic moron who sips each morning from the Fountain of Parannoia™.

8. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Steve Ballmer in 5 years:

Attached Files:

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Haha! I saw that sculpture (the original one) at the Hirshhorne in DC. It is so creepy, but in a very odd way it's amazingly beautiful. I love that museum. :)

10. mpw Guest

I kinda hope he does and that it's me I'll take anything non-lethal/disabling up to broken limbs, cuts & bruises.....it'd be worth a few million $'s
    :D

11. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'd take a serious beating from Ballmer for a few million. Then I could see his PR people organize his own reality show... "Steve Ballmer - the Cellmate Ya Love to Hate."

Attached Files:

12. chatin macrumors 6502

chatin

Billionare politics and steveballmer.com

Steve Ballmer is the only billionare on the planet who reports to another billionare! "Steve this engineering group isn't getting the job done" - quote from SB, quoting BG.

:confused:

:)

And when is Steve going to get steveballmer.com off of MS servers!!!!

13. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

He's not scary. I'd be happy to smack him around a little, saying "developers" with each whack.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, he's a big guy compared to me! :eek: :eek:

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

he runs around like an ape, has tantrums like an ape, so thats what he is, he can't even act professional. thats horrible.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If he threw a chair at me, I'd sue him despite hating American style lawsuits.

Then I'd plant so many of those Google bombs into Googles search, and they'd all be about Microsoft and Steve Ballmer being a big baby.

17. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Dinner for two jerks

Allow me to do the introductions: Steve Ballmer, I'd like to introduce Reverend Pat Robertson.

Reverend, this is Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

The two of you actually share some traits in common ... a propensity for making highly regrettable statements coupled with sporadic displays of ill temperament. Enjoy your dinner and conversation. I'd like to stay but for the sake of safety, my sound judgment requires me to seek safe haven immediately.

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nope got to be somebody other than Edsel, since they are getting ready to release the Microsoft software equivalent of the Edsel Ford onto the market quite soon.

Of course it'll be painted in some garish cartoon-like colors.

I could be wrong about that though, they may be getting ready to release the Ford Pinto. :eek:

19. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Threats to kill is a serious offence, wonder if we can persue action against this muppet and slap him behind bars?

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Or maybe the Ford Capri? :D When I was at Ford, at the height of the Nasser era, when Ford was at the height of re-invigorating itself, my manager described the Capri as "the last complete sh** car we made." :rolleyes:

Hopefully Vista will get a little bit of the "last" part going on.

21. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i hope not then we can't point out its flaws and have our Mac superiority :)

22. ph0rce macrumors 6502

Pft, that M$ guy is a complete idiot. if he kills google i may have to kill microsoft, and maybe someone who works there... ok, nah i wouldnt kill him, though i would send him HATE MAIL!

23. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Okay, let's make a list of the companies that Microsoft has killed.

*switches to TextEdit and starts typing*

*watches as TextEdit crashes @ about line 450 000*

Fortunately, Google's a multi-billion company these days. I don't think they have much to fear from MS anymore. MS likes to pick on the little folks and the people who work with them, and Schmidt's not stupid enough to make any sort of deal with MS.

24. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Steve Ballmer is an ass. Yes, he really is. And this tantrum perfectly demonstrates the problem that is Microsoft. Business and capitalism is not about "killing" the competition. It's about competing with them. But Microsoft is simply unable to co-exist with anyone. Some company is making money in a business that is somehow related to computers, software and/or internet? Unacceptable! It must be killed!

I have no high hopes for Microsoft changing their ways anytime soon. That culture of utter dominance is rooted too deep in to their DNA. Maybe, MAYBE if Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates, Jim Allchin, Martin Taylor and Craig Mundie gets kicked out and their entire board of directors gets replaced, they MIGHT learn to actually co-exists with other companies. But since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I see the total and complete destruction of Microsoft as the only viable way to ensure that we will have vibrant and healthy business-landscape in the IT-industry.

25. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Heh, true. The only company who needs "killing" are anti-competitive M$