Ballmers Kids Allowed Neither iPod Nor Google!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by greatdevourer, Mar 31, 2006.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I saw this posted earlier (can't find it easily now).

However, I'd trade the ability to own an iPod and use Google while young for a billionaire father any day. Seems like, sooner or later (sooner, given Ballmer's rotundness), you'd be able to buy all the iPods you wanted.

2. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

Ah, OK, Thanks. I can find the other thread (ballmer kids google), however, I hadn't seen the thread at all this week, so I assumed it hasn't been posted yet.

Also, why does the edit button say "edit/delete", when there's no way to delete it :confused:

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think you can only delete a thread if no one has yet posted in it. Sorry! :eek:

4. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

The advantage of having a billionaire father though is that in 15 years they're going to sue his arse off for mental trauma. All the kids in the playground are saying "Did you see that cool vid on Google?" or "Have you checked out the new iTunes Discovery Download?". Traumatic for a hip kid. Although if it's Ballmer's kids......:D

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I thought there were laws stopping Ballmer's from breeding?

6. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Steve Ballmer is a quack; undeniably the biggest fool on the planet.

Well, I take that back. Apparently, someone had children with him...

7. After G macrumors 68000

After G

What's to stop his kids from using their friends' iPods?
    Or using Google at their school?

Some parents just do the oddest things. Let kids decide which is better for themselves on unimportant things like that. I for one have started using non-Google search engines, just to make sure I am not overly reliant on Google.

It is "Monkey Dance" Steve Ballmer we are talking about here though. Too much sugar...

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

So the kids can use a MBP or iMac. They aren't on the list. If they had a fancy XP based PC in their room I can just see it. "Dad, my PC is all messed up again, I need to reinstall".

9. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Kids being kids, of course, they have iPods and they use Google, just not when Dad is watching. Telling kids not to do something is the best way to get them to do it.

--Eric

10. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Agreed. I don't know what it is, but when your told by your parents to do something, you don't want to even if it makes all the sense in the world. And if they tell you to refrain from anything, you want it even more. Makes no logical sense.

11. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I would get an iPod and use it and google behind daddy's back :p

"Steve, have you been using google again?"

12. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

hmm no iPods or Google....wonder how he feels about sex, drugs & rock n' roll?

13. sigamy macrumors 65816

I'm sure the kids are using Google.

This kind of reminds me of people who will only drive American cars or those who won't ever buy an American car. To each his own, but there comes a point when you have to look at the competition in order to know if you need to improve.

You need to measure yourself against the best. Ignorning the competition in hopes that they go away rarely works.

14. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Wow, is microsoft the next form of communism or fascism? that's scary.

15. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I know what I'd prefer: the inheritance. We all had things as kids we weren't allowed to do while 'everyone else' could. Big deal. A bit of character-building wouldn't hurt.

16. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Heh. If I was his kid, I'd take a nice portion of his money, move far, far away, and never call.

17. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I know this is heresy around here, but Google really isn't all that much better than Yahoo or MSN search. They work fine. It'd take much less than a billion dollars for me to promise never to use Google again.

IPods are more of an improvement on the competition than Google is, but it's not like you can't still do the same thing with a different product. Again, for $500 or so, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

18. Queso macrumors G4

CEOs

It doesn't matter what the company, the CEO and his family never see the true downside of owning Microsoft products. There's always a tech support guy they can summon at all hours who sorts the problem out. Ballmer may crow how he and his family are eating the Redmond dog food, but in reality they are as far removed from the average experience as any other milliardaire is from life.

On another note, you notice how Bill Gates has no problem saying he loves the Mac, but that he just prefers Windows. Sounds like Ballmer is rather insecure about a few things.

19. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

I reckon it's cuz Ballmer's family were attacked by a savage pack of Flower Powers :p Either that, or he's afraid of them being more intelligent than he is :D

20. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Lets see do i pick google and the pick or billions upon billions of money, hummm i pick the ipod and google.

21. Queso macrumors G4

Good choice. All that money comes with Ballmer DNA :eek:

22. howesey macrumors 6502a

23. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

cause Ballmer has gaurds on his kids 24/7 and watches when they use google or use an ipod :rolleyes:
    Mac Elites strike again

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No Google? How do his kids do their homework?!?!?! :eek: