Band tattoos

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Demon Hunter, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Does anyone have a tattoo dedicated to your favorite band or musician? What do you think of the idea? Do you like your music that much?

Edit: I hit the back button, this was supposed to be a poll. Do you think the image below would make a good tattoo? It's a demon with a bullet through its head. :p

Attached Files:

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I would NEVER get a band tattoo (or any tattoo) because what if one day you didn't like them? I used to think Silverchair were great now their new stuff is complete rubbish

3. Demon Hunter thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah. Not to mention, what happens when the band breaks up?

4. vniow macrumors G4

I'm all for tattoos but ones involving bands are just silly IMO. It strikes me as something a teenager would do as part of a bet or something, not for any real valid reasons one would get ink.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I quite like that new straight lines song :eek:. Kind of hoping the album is a bit more experimental though....

6. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I miss their grunge days :(

7. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I would never personally have a band insignia or name tattooed on myself. What I would possibly do is either take my favorite song or lyric and have it interpreted into an image and possibly have the lyrics incorporated into the piece. This way you'll know what it relates to but it will/may not be obvious to others. Also, say you find out later in life you no longer like said band you can find a different meaning to the tattoo.

8. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Life is long, bands come and go and tastes change over time - just say no to band tats.