Bandwidth monitor for Mac?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by simplyzero, Jul 28, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

As a recent Windows convert, I'm used to a program called DU Meter that reports all of my bandwidth numbers. I like this program just so I know where I'm at on my usage on my data card or just for my own information on my home connection.

Is there anything out like this for the Mac? I've searched around a little bit on Google and really haven't found anything that's similar. Thought maybe someone else that's more experienced might know.

http://www.dumeter.com/scrshots.php

2. macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. TEG
    macrumors 604

TEG

I use menu meters in my setup. It easily allows you to view what bandwidth you are using, how much memory is free/used, CPU load, and HD Use. You can of course turn off any menus you don't want. I just use Bandwidth and Memory.

www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/

TEG

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll look into both of these options.

5. macrumors 6502

You may want to check out Surplus Meter. It monitors your network traffic for you. If you are like me and have a mobile broadband card with a set amount of downloads per month it can monitor it for you. The app can be set up with your usage limits and tell when you are going to exceed them. It can also reset itself each billing period which is very useful. And best off all it is free.