Bang and Olufsen vs Shure E2c's

Discussion in 'iPod' started by monke, May 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    I've been looking for quite a while now, reading reviews and comments about headphones.
    I am needing a new pair, the iPod ones are fine sometimes, but leaving them in for awile starts to bug my ears.
    I originally purchased the Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones (Link)
    but from the minute I put them on I couldn't stand them. The noise-canceling feature was useless,
    making the music I was listening to sound like it was coming from an out-of-range radio station.

So I returned them and put up with the iPod ones until I could find something else.

Well fortunatly I did, unfortunatly though I found two pairs
    the Band and Olufsen ones (Link) and the Shure E2c's (Link)

At the moment I am probably going to buy the Shure's, but I need your advice.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 5, 2003
    Costa Rica
    My opinion is that the B&O are overpriced.
    I have the Shure E2c's, and I love them - they block out most of the noise, and the sound is amazing. Just make sure you find the right "Fit Kit". The e2c ship with 6, and I had to try 4 before I found one that was really comfortable.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    jalagl, which fit did you choose? I understand there are 3 different sizes in rubber and 3 in foam, am i right?
  4. macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2005
    I don't know the Shure E2c but I would choose that brand over B&O any day. B&O make nice looking stuff, but the quality of their speakers, TV's and so on aren't that great when you compare prices/quality with competitors.
  5. thread starter macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    I am going to buy the Shure's, for shure now.

I like the sound isolation feature they have and it seems like they don't bother your ears after long periods of use.

They also put a little extra money back in my pocket.
  6. macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Just so you know, B&O's official stated policy is "style > *", so you're going to spend a lot of money for the look and/or feel of it, when you can spend less on something that performs as good or better.
  7. macrumors member

Aug 24, 2004
    Go with Bose, either the $150 Triports or the $300 Quiet Comfort 2's. I personally have the Triports, they are pretty damn tight. I just went on a plane ride and was sitting on the wing. With the headphones, i could listen to music extremely low and still hear it great without the noise of the engine. Even with no music, it was really quiet, quiet enough to sleep like a baby.
  8. macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2006
    NY state
    I'd definitely get the Shure's, they're awesome.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Mar 14, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  10. macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
  11. macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2004
    As the owner of a pair of Shure E2c's, I can say that my new Panasonic HJE70's completely blows them out of the water. Hands down the best headphones I have ever worn in terms of comfort and sound. Give them a try if you are still looking.