Bang for Buck RE:12AL/15AL-1/15AL-133

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gwe, Nov 15, 2003.

1. gwe macrumors newbie

Hey guys
    thanks for reading this post:

What is the "bang for buck factor"?

I took another look at the powerbooks and it seems that as the price goes up, the benefits go up exponentially. What machine is best?

Ciao
    Alex

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The difference in processor speed isn't large enough to base your decision on it as opposed to the difference in size. If you want the most portable PowerBook possible, the 12" is pretty sweet, but if you want full power and large screen space, the 15 and 17 are the real butter of the lineup. I personally like the 15", but if you really need the most screen space, look at the 17" models.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I think the 15" gives you the most bang for the buck. The price is very reasonable and you get all the features of the 17" with only a slightly slower processor. You can still max it out at 2GB of RAM... have Firewire 800, bluetooth, everything.

4. howard macrumors 68020

howard

15inch i think is the best for your money.

if portability is the biggest thing and ultimate power doesn't matter then the 12 is better...and if you want basically desktop that you can move around a little more easier then the 17...but 15 is all around rocking...its a good size and powerful

the only reason why i wouldn't like the 12 inch better is the difference in vid card...if you plan on playing games the 15 has got to be awesome cause of the vid card

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The Radeon 9600 is an awesome gpu, if you do get a 15 or 17", I think it's a real gem and it has not let me down even slightly so far.