Bang & Olufsen A8 opinions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hcuar, Feb 23, 2006.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

So... I'm thinking about taking my Bose Tri-Port headphones back to Target. I just bought them a week or so ago. I'm concerned about the number of "gee, they broke threads" on the net.

I'm thinking I may order the Bang & Olufsen A8 headphones from Apple.com. Any opinions?

2. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

Never mind... ended up going with the Shure E3C. I need something that blocks the idiots ... I mean coworkers.

3. 50thVert macrumors regular

Shure E3c's are amazing, i absolutely love mine!

4. poolin1243 macrumors 6502

hey i have both the A8's and the e3c's i love both...actually though, never use em cuz im out of commission with a knee injury...but...great headphones to use.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Ah yes, the peaceful bliss of my iPod saved me from climbing a building with a sniper rifle many days at my last job.

You'll love the E3C's - try the foam inserts, though, for best sound, and use the case they came in. I sat on them a couple of times and broke off the mics, but Sure replaced them twice, no questions asked.

You put 220 pounds on anything and it will break. ;)

6. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

i like the etymotic er6i more than the shure e3c. i would prefer either of these over the B&O, though.

if you want to hear more reviews/impressions (more than you ever want), go to http://www.head-fi.org

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I own the A8's. I find that, although it takes a second or two to adjust them just right, the sound is actually very impressive, and I have no problem wearing them for extended periods of time (e.g., a transatlantic flight).

I'm sure that the Shure E3C's are great as well and block more sound, but most of the time I have my A8's on I want to at least be able to hear outside sounds in case, say, a coworker needs to ask something or the kids are putting the dog in the oven or whatever. And I'm not a huge fan of the feel of in-ear 'phones - purely a personal preference.

I can't say that you'll find the A8's to be pure bliss, but I do like mine, esp. for the price. Actually, no, I like them period, and find the sound to be very good for what they cost.

8. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I have the e4C.

Sound is great. Not sure how much better then e3C, but that was all the store had at the time, so shelled out the dough.

9. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

good choice...IMO they're much better than the e3c...

10. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

does anyone know how the A8's would compare to the Apple in-ear headphones?

11. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I've compared them (I own the A8s as well as the iPod headphones).

The B&Os absolutely blow them out of the water. The iPod headphones are good for bundled headphones, but the A8s are even better than the Shures IMO (imaging is better).