Bang & Olufsen

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jimmieboy, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Just wondering if anyone has a BeoCom2 by Bang & Olufsen. If they do can you upload some pics, tell me what you think of it and tell me the price. Thanks in advance!

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

For the price, it better be. There isn't a lot of difference between a mid-range or high-end phone, and a B&O super high end like this one (other than the design, of course ;)).

In a way, you're paying for the design........or "art"......rather than the phone. Yes, you'll also be able to hear the person on the other end clearly, but the benefits of this phone aren't bright as day. It's all in the aesthetics.

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I beg to differ. There is a huge difference between the £150 phone we have and the BeoCom 2. I use a BeoCom 2 quite occasionally, and it completely destroys our home phone when it comes to hearing the person on the other end of the phone. When calling support centres or mobile phones, we always fine that we're struggling to hear the person on the other end of the phone with ours.

The design isn't just about looks. If you've ever held one of these things up to your ear, you'd be amazed. It's so much more comfortable than other phones and the anodised aluminium finish is fantastic.

Incidentally, the one I use is about 4 years old. It is from when they were first released...