Bang & Olusffen Form 2 headphone

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JCstudios, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JCstudios, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

macrumors member

Hi folks,

Recently purchased this headphone for my partner, however I have not test this or experience the sound and comfort quality of this headphone.

Would like to ask if anyone has experience with them?

One things i know is they sure looks great.

I need some opinion as to return this and get something else or...

Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

Destroysall

I, myself, never heard 'em. Yet for a hundred dollars, these sure look interesting. I would recommend you try the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins. Then again, it really depends on what you "want" in terms of sound characteristics. That or what you generally listen to?

Destroysall.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Edm and pop songs most likely.
    What would you recommend on the same price range?

Like I said , they do look nice but one thing I'm worrying about is will it last?

4. Destroysall, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Sennheiser HD25SP. Its a great headphone, and is durable. It's a little bit more than the B&O, but its well worth the money.

Destroysall.

5. macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I would go with headphones from either Sony, AKG, or Sennheiser. They're the big 3.

6. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I agree with your recommendation, as I'm also a big fan of the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins; they are beautifully constructed, very portable and offer a lovely listening experience.

7. thread starter macrumors member

U
    Bt they only comes in 2 colors.... And is a bit dearer than the B & O.

It's for my partner. She doesn't care much of the sound quality.

8. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

True, but either colour looks stunning. Physically, these are attractive ear-phones/head-phones. Re cost, yes, the B & W are a bit dearer than the B & O, but the build quality is excellent.

Also, while you say your partner doesn't much care about sound quality, given that we are discussing a set of head-phones/ear-phones, I'd argue that sound quality is the first feature that needs to be taken into consideration.

Anyway, with the B&W, the sound quality is really extremely good. Besides, they are extraordinarily comfortable to wear. A few weeks ago, I wore them on a few long haul flights for several hours without any discomfort.

9. macrumors 65816

Destroysall

I'd still recommend the Sennheiser headphone, but the Bowers & Wilkins headphones are great. Another great manufacture to consider is Incase. Their headphones have been receiving numerous amounts of attention in the Head-Fi Community, especially the Incase Sonics.

Destroysall.

10. thread starter macrumors member

Not much positives for the B & O Form2. Most people are complaining about its ear pod foam and discomfort after a long time on the heads.

Yes it does looks good, and it makes a statement. However its not that good as a long haul headphone.

I might return it in this case and consider other brands. Honestly, i think the only good thing about the Form 2 is Its design and looks.

does anybody actually own one?

11. macrumors regular

Have you considered the Philips Citiscape Downtown? Attractive, comfortable, and sound great for the price. You can get them for under £50 here in the UK so I assume that finding them for $75 isn't too difficult. If she's not interested in sound quality there's no real point spending more.