Bank Says Emphasize Sex, Sleep -- Not Money

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sonyrules, Jun 20, 2004.

1. sonyrules macrumors regular

This is funny.... I wonder how the bank sells this...

Link

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I have little trust from anything coming from the German culture. I'm sure there are going to be a huge ammount of german "liberal" women saying "YES MORE SEX"!!! no matter how, with who or the reason, if not we are going to loose our freedom.

Yes, my encounter with the German culture was not good and my opinion is not based just in my experience, many people think the same.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Sounds more like a PR stunt....and they're getting the press now - never would have ever heard of them if they hadn't said that....:D

D

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that they have the correct idea. At the end of life the amount of money you have isn't really going to matter. A good eight hours of sleep every night is important for good health. Sex is also good for your health, that is with someone you love especially in marriage. It is relationships that have lasting meaning.

6. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Nicely racist comments there. I'm sure you wouldn't say the same things if it were black people or jews you didn't like.

7. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

[OT] mymemory's germanophobia

Just a friendly reminder, mymemory: Please don't project your personal experience and hurt onto stereotypes of a people. Trust me, us Germans have made experience with stereotyping in the past, and it's not good :(.

Apart from that, any definition of “German culture” is doomed to be rather fuzzy, just like “Venezuelan culture” or “American culture”. For example, to my perception, you are quite more liberal (on a moral scale) than me and a lot of people I know. Of course, you are also less liberal than a lot of other people I know.

Sorry for posting this publicly, but I deemed a public rebuttal appropriate for a public posting.

8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Exactly..

Remember, all generalizations are bad.

;) :D

9. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Now I'm curious. Can anyone give me an unbiased critique of Germans themselves?
    When I was in the Army I met some German women who married GI's and came over to live in the states. They were way nice though maybe a bit spacey. I guess that's true of anyone from a monoethnic society. Oh, pretty hot too. :D

10. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Sure...

Most are nice, some are not so nice, most you can trust, some you can't, just like the Brits, the Yanks, the Chinese etc etc

I agree, generalizations are generally very bad :)

11. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    The thing is that it isn't that mono-ethnic of a society. In the south Germany is Catholic and the people tend to be more easy going. In the north they are more rigid. Germany only really became one nation late in the 1800s.

The thing is that Germany spent 50 years as an occupied nation and the culture shows the impact of that.

They will need at least 100 years to figure out who they really are.

12. socbyset macrumors member

hmph. I don't really want my a bank to give me advice on my personal life. Actually, I would prefer that those providing me with financial services have a monomaniacal focus on money. As for my own priorities, let me worry about that.

13. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think everyone is missing something from the article:

Hahahaha. Ideally, but you take what you can get, right?

P-Worm

14. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    If you can't be with the one you love,
    Love the one you're with...