Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I really don't know but when I was opping a couple of different IRC channels, we had Australians come into the channel with bots and flood the place with messages. In one instance, the channel was run by Aussies but most of the ISP's range was banned.

Hopefully, that's not the case with #macrumors.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
IM me when you have a second and we'll sort it out

Thx :) (and sorry)

You'll actually want to talk to Knox or Cougar, as I think this is probably an automatic block put on by the server to keep spambots out, but I'm looking into it.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Mudbug said:
IM me when you have a second and we'll sort it out

Thx :) (and sorry)

You'll actually want to talk to Knox or Cougar, as I think this is probably an automatic block put on by the server to keep spambots out, but I'm looking into it.

Ok, will do. Added you to iChat. Hopefully we will catch up soon

imac_japan

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2004
Japan
Not good for me...im still banned....they want me to give them my IP address but I don't think sooooooo

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
imac_japan said:
Not good for me...im still banned....they want me to give them my IP address but I don't think sooooooo

Everyone connecting to the #macrumors IRC server will display their IP to everyone else connected, there's nothing you can do to get around that.

It sounds like you're banned from the IRC server/network rather than the channel actually. What message do you get when you try to connect?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.