Barcode Scanner

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LethalWolfe, Aug 11, 2004.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Anyone know of a hand held barcode scanner that would work on an eMac? Or, at least, a place to start looking for them?

Thanx,
    Lethal

2. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

HAve you tried doing a google search? I found this straight away -

http://www.posdirect.com/products.php?cat=1

3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Not sure if this is what you have in mind, but I typed "barcode scanner os x" into Google, and the first result was this. It looks cool, but I'm not sure if it meets your needs, since you don't say what the scanner is for.

edit: wow, simultaneous posts, I must have been beaten by a few seconds. Anyways, the link I posted is different than the one above, so check them both out.

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Does anyone else find it funny that the name of this store is P. O. S. Direct.

5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

:D

Ddin't notice that before. It is funny. :)

6. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah I did some poking around on my own. I was just wondering if other people had purchased scanners before and could offer recommendations and/or warning (this brand is good, this store sux, etc.,.).

I've always thought that "Point of Sale" had to make the worst acronym ever.

Lethal

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Do you mind if I ask what you plan to do with your scanner? Are you opening a store? Are you cataloging your books\music\movies\etc?

8. 150hp macrumors regular

9. angelneo macrumors 68000

This is weird... As I was reading this thread, I got a glimpse of the advert at the bottom of the page.. lo and behold, it was an advert from www.POSguys.com selling barcode scanners.

10. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Yay for Google AdWords. That's the same technology they are using to show ads in Gmail. The ads display links relevant to the forum thread\your email.

11. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I work at a post/production house and we are upgrading our tape library database so that everything can now be tracked by barcode. File Maker Pro is out db software and we will be a using customized front end called Pilotware.

Lethal