Bare Bones releases a new Yojimbo information organizer

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 24, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: 3rd Party Software
    Link: Bare Bones releases a new Yojimbo information organizer
    Description:: Bare Bones Software, the company behind BBEdit and TextWrangler, announced the release of their new software - Yojimbo information organizer. The product empowers Mac users to manage, effortlessly and securely, the onslaught of information encountered every day at work and at home, even across multiple computers.

Posted on
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio area

Anyone else think this looks like a complete rip off of Sticky Brain 4?
  3. Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I was thinking it was too much like Zoomracks from the mid-1980s on the Atari ST.
  4. macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2003
    Whatever it's a rip-off of, it certainly looks like a UI trainwreck.

My favorite part, though, is this bit of copy from their site:

Uhm. This is a 1.0 release. There are, like, four users of this program, so what exactly are you telling us about your product?
  5. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    OK, yes, it is derivative, but I've been using it for a while (ok, ok, an hour or so, not weeks), and it isn't so bad. Will I keep using it? Dunno. But it's free for a month and is a full version, so I'll try it out. The name and the icon are goofy, but I've been a fan of BBEdit - another of their products - for some time, and the few times I've called them up they've been very friendly, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

Besides, I've long lamented the lack of a martial-arts-guy-in-a-red-circle icon for my Dock, so now I'm happy. ;)
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2005
    Any of their apps that have more than a perfunctory UI do.