Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
OK, I started working on this last year, just to generally vent about stuff, only given the URL to friends so far and it's only been live in it's current home for a week or so.

It's got some strong language in parts and obviously, seeing as it's mainly my opinions on stuff, it's not exactly factual in places.

Hope you'll like it.

I've obviously used loads of design tricks and stuff to show off my coding and design abilities to all you guys without making you nuts with stupid animating layers and stuff. That's for my 'other' site that I could use for sensible purposes but don't update too much :D

http://www.freewebs.com/barkmonster/

enjoy!

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Some fun stuff up there. Nice photo montages, especially this one. ;)
[edit - can't link to your image from here, weird. See below.]

Now, if you've read through any other threads in here you'll know I'm a web propagandist whore; if not, now you do.

W3C HTML Validation
W3C CSS Validation

I ran some of your pages through the HTML validator real quick and they seemed to be confused by your doctype declaration:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
which could be changed to:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Something to consider...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA

Attachments

• thestandard.jpg
    thestandard.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 145

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
I noticed a while ago that leaving the second line in the doctype caused unpredicatable javascript errors with Internet Explorer on the mac, not sure if it's a good idea to have no Doctype so I left out the second line.

Glad you like it by the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.