Barnes & Noble launches world’s largest eBookstore; supports...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 21, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68000

cal6n

What use is the "world's largest ebookstore" when it's inaccessible outside the USA?

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sounds like they've done a nice job (and as for the not available outside the US comment... get used to the way international copyright works. No one is going to be able to just decide to make their digital books or music available to everyone from every country in the world at the same time, at the same price, and with the same availability under the current international IP regime in any even loosely legal fashion. Barnes & Nobles isn't the entity that would have to change to allow this. National and international law would have to change substantially.

I hope the Google stash of older books ultimately makes its way to the Kindle, though.

4. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

So its US' largest online book store, right?

5. macrumors newbie

Yup, as usual. Just like baseball's 'World Series'?

6. macrumors newbie

Because it's the largest ebookstore in the world? It doesn't have to be available to the entire world to have a larger selection than any other ebookstore in the world.

7. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Say the largest clothing store in London were larger than any clothing store anywhere else in the world. It would still be the largest clothing store in the world, even though I cannot drive to it, non? :p

8. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

So, instead of the British Open Championship, it's just "The Open Championship" not to be confused with anything else that should be considered an "OPEN?" :eek::eek::eek:

What the HELL did I just say???

9. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

I believe that the "World Series" was originally sponsored by a news paper of that name which is how it became known as "The World" series baseball which incidently has nothing to do with being a baseball competition involving teams form around the world.