Barney Carnage

Discussion in 'Games' started by The_Man, Mar 12, 2006.

1. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

This is a very sweet game and I am wondering if anyone can send me a link to a place where I can download it of OS X.

I played it a very long time ago when I was very young and I now long to kill barneys again.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Great idea for a game, isn't it? :)

I always knew that guy was up to no good!

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I had fun playing with that game using ResEdit back in the day....

4. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I think the download link on that page is dead - both clicking on it normally & right clicking and choosing download linked file bring up a resource unavailable error message.

7. mkaake macrumors 65816

I've got it on a floppy somewhere... now if only I had a floppy drive.

8. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

Do you think you can get it on your computer somehow (through a friend of something) and then host in on a free website somewhere. I know there are some that will let you hold files on it (as long as its under a certain size).

Do i need classic to run this game? if so, how do i get classic, and is it big?

9. mkaake macrumors 65816

I remember that it fit on a floppy along with a *bunch* of other favorite games from back in the day, including hemiroids, a hillarious take on asteroids.

I'll see if I can find a floppy drive somewhere in the next few days and I'll PM it to you or something. It was only a few hundred kb's anyway.

No idea if it'll run under classic - it might, but I wouldn't bet any piece of anatomy on that one...

10. mkaake macrumors 65816

Found it!

It took a bit of searching, but I found it here!

Have fun!

If the page is down for you, let me know, I saved a copy on my machine. Haven't fired it up yet, as I'm fairly busy right now, but I'll get back to you in a while if I do...

oh, and it's about 460k - too large to post as an attachment here, but a quick download for sure.

11. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Hmmm.. I remember it as being a hack to the original Doom was it not? Or is that another Barney killing mod that I am thinking of?

Any, the one you found doesn't seem to work, it just opens and closes before it even has time to bounce. And yes, I have classic.

12. mkaake macrumors 65816

Nope, it's just a white screen that barney appears on, and you have different weapons to kill him with. If memory serves, you've got an AK47, a lightning bolt, and atomic bomb, and a pistol. Purpose? Just kill barney a certain number of times to get to the next level.

I'll try it out when I get back home, and try it in classic and by booting into 9. If I'm really feeling adventurous, I'll fire up my SE/30 and give it a whirl on OS6...

13. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Exact same thing happens to me. Shame, as I was looking forward to hurting the irritating purple lump.