Barrichello joins BAR-Honda

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Aug 16, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Worst kept secret ever. :p

I think this is a good move for him, he's been in Schu's shadow ever since joining the team, even though it's easy to forget just how highly rated he was before joining the Scuderia, and how the opinion at the time was that he'd actually be something of a challenge for Schu.

It'll be interesting to see how he performs against Button (should Jense somehow manage to get himself out of his predicament that is) both are very smooth drivers.

I'm not connvinced that Button will be at BAR next season though, actually I'm not convinced he'll be on the grid at all.

Rinky dinky linky

Thoughts?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

It's about time he left Team Schumacher!!
    Go Rubens!!!

3. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

:eek:
    I think Davidson will be swapped for Button plus cash. Seems Williams want a British driver, they wanted him last year - ie they'll get him next year. You'll see! :D ;)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

And Williams go to Cosworth! :eek:

Has the world stopped turning? I thought he would have left ages ago. It's all very well to have a great car (not so great this year though :p ), but not if you're forbidden from winning.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

This is good for Barichello - he's definitely got what it takes to be the top driver on an F1 team. He probably won't be seeing the podium as often as he has at Ferrari but this time he isn't playing second fiddle either. I'm hoping we'll see some good stuff from him and BAR in '06.

Button - I don't see him getting out of the contract. But like iGAV says, maybe the saga will take a turn for the worse and Button will get himself a spectator's seat next season instead of any drive at all.

6. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    By this he obviously means the recent years prior to the current one. :)