Barry Bonds, macuser!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sayhey, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

As an avid Giants fan, I've been missing see Barry play this year as he rehabs his knee. Every once in a while I check Barry's website to see what he has to say about his prospects for return to the playing field, and in the latest entry of his journal he talks about family matters with this little nugget for mac fans.

Barry's Journal

Whatever one thinks about Barry, he's got good taste in computers. ;)

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Posting hyperlinks to the G4 laptop and iPhoto would have been very suspicious. Anyway, for someone who's never heard of a G4 laptop or iPhoto or iDVD, it'll pass right over their heads. He could be talking alien for all they care.

But it's great he's a mac user, an avid one by the looks of it.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not a BB fan at all... and the image in my mind of him preparing pics in Photoshop is bizarre. :rolleyes: Sorry, but this is one user I hope Apple keeps quiet about.

Just goes to show that anyone can use a Mac!

Woof, Woof - Dawg

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

interesting... as mentioned above, however, i still don't care for him. he rutinely disrespects fans and media, and then blames them for his troubles.

riiiiiiiiiight

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So I wonder if he's tried injecting steroids into his Powerbook to make it better?

6. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Now let's get our stories straight! If Barry's using steroids on his Powerbook it would be through rubbing an "anti-arthritis cream" on the screen and dripping "flax-seed oil" into the keyboard! No needles involved! :D

gwuMACaddict, he disrespects the media day and night ever since he came into the game, but not the fans. At least not the fans here is SF who love him. It's an open question as to whether he has a valid argument, if not the most wisely chosen one, with the media.

Seriously folks, you don't have to like Barry to appreciate the fact he is writing about using macs on his website.

7. Danzsupreme macrumors member

I think its cool that he said G4 laptop, anyone else would say powerbook or laptop. It shows he is proud of what he got. Any debate as to which one he ones. My bet is the 15" though he prob owns a 17"

8. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

If Apple didn't pay Bonds to say that, he needs mental help.

"Today I woke up after sleeping on my bed from Bigs! Bedrooms, went downstairs to the kitchen set up by Majestic, opened the Fridge by GE, and took out some Tropicana Orange Juice. I took out a Solo plastic cup and poured the juice, and turned on the SHARP television, flipping channels through my DirecTV service. After that, I watched Paramount's produced Team America: World Police and took a phone call on my Motorola V710 cell phone from Verizon. I ended the conversation saying, 'Can You Hear Me Now? Good!'"

But I always use advertising in my sentences, so I really did do all that*

*names and things are fake to protect civilians.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I also thought it was a little weird how much detail he went in to about the specifics... but maybe he really is just an avid mac fan.

10. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Maybe he hopes Apple will see it and give him some free stuff, and/or an endorsement deal, since he has all this time on his hands with the knee.

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

eh?

there are countless stories about him pushing fans out of the way on his way to and from games. telling fans he would only sign memorabillia in public if they paid him, etc. granted, most of those stories are from the late 80's/early 90's.

and what's his valid argument with the media? i don't understand what you're trying to say here. he said in a press conference that the media ruined his career. thats lunacy.