Base station life In House atic

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by birdking, Jun 6, 2003.

1. birdking macrumors newbie

How would heat and cold of an atic effect the life of a Base station. Im looking to share a network next door, and the atic seems to be the best location. Any help and answers would be great.

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

location?

it all depends on location... are you in So Cal or in NY?

It would be a strech to get your neighbor hooked up... you will need antnas to extend your range

3. ratspg macrumors regular

should work? but risky?

You should try and keep it not TOO cold.. i mean it should work, unless ur going like sub-zero sick sick temperatures. But why an attic to share a connection? why not just a base station + a booster antenna?

dont risk its life! lol

4. birdking thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in central NC. How would i connect a booster Ant. It is a graphite Base station. Thanks for the help.

5. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Don't put it in the attic. It will get too hot. I believe the graphite ABS has a connector for an antenna, but you have to crack the thing open and sort of hack it on there. I think it is just a plug that the wireless card inside the ABS plugs into. I'm sure you can find the mods if you check with Google. I did find one.

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I agree with the last guy. EVERYTHING that I have put into an attic technology wise has broken pre-maturly. Look at those heat ratings on the product. It shoudl say something about operating up to 130 deg farenhite (max). Then try going up to your attic on a summer day. I went up to mine today (I'm in Boston now and it's only 60 outside) and the attic was WAY over 110 deg, probably much hotter than that.

BEN